Do Moving Companies Disassemble Furniture?
Do Moving Companies Disassemble Furniture?
Share This Post
Much planning goes into a move. You need to obtain quotes from furniture removal companies, decide which company’s services you want to use (or even whether you want to make use of a furniture removal company’s services at all), and then you need to schedule and coordinate everything to ensure the big day goes according to plan. While you are working out all the logistics with the moving company of your choice, it’s easy to forget some of the simpler things, such as asking whether the removal company provides specific, specialised services, whether they can provide you with a quote before you agree to the move, and if they can perform tasks like disassembling and reassembling furniture.
Your removal company should offer a wide variety of services, including furniture assembly. Elliott is an established leader in the furniture relocation industry and offers a range of services that you will need during your move.
What Happens During the Furniture Removal Process?
The process begins as soon as you contact us to obtain a free quote. You then need to create detailed inventory lists of the contents of the house, but we can assist with that. While this is ongoing, you also need to write down any specific instructions you may have for us, such as furniture that needs to be assembled or disassembled (a service that we offer) and boxes that need to be packed in a certain way. Consistent communication throughout the move is essential and will ensure that everything goes smoothly. You can leave almost everything to us, but you need to tell us if there are specific aspects of the move you would rather handle yourself, such as packing and handling the contents of a certain room or transporting certain valuable or sentimental items.
What Other Services (Besides Furniture Removal) are Offered by Elliott?
Elliott is more than just a removal company. Below is a list of our services.
- Local moves. Our moving services cover the entirety of South Africa. No distance is too great or short for us. We can handle everything from just a few boxes to the entire contents of your household.
- International moves. Our reach also extends beyond the borders of South Africa. We work with an international network of movers to help you get your personal belongings to wherever you are in the world.
- Office moves. We don’t just move households. If your company is moving to new premises, we are the right people for the job! We can even help you set everything up, so you don’t have to do it yourself.
- Pet relocation. You can’t always move your pets yourself, especially if you have many of them. We will ensure your pets are completely safe and comfortable for the entire trip by avoiding harmful and potentially traumatising treatment. We understand the need to treat your pets with as much respect as we would treat you.
- Basic storage. You can’t always take everything with you and sometimes you just don’t have enough space for all your belongings. Selling or donating isn’t always an option, which is why we have partnered with storage service providers nationwide to ensure that you can securely store your belongings when you need to.
- Specialised storage. Some of your belongings require specialised storage services. This includes everything from fine art to vintage wines. We have access to highly specialised storage facilities with climate and environment control, high security, and strict access monitoring and control.
- Fine art relocation. With specialised storage comes specialised transportation requirements. We have the expertise and equipment to transport both public and private fine art collections. We have securely relocated several international exhibits at South Africa’s top museums and galleries.
- Commercial logistics. We offer bespoke logistics and supply chain solutions to a wide customer base. Whatever your logistical requirements are, we can address them by designing a solution that best fits your needs.
- Vehicle transport (local and international). Sometimes driving your vehicle from one part of the country to another isn’t a viable option, especially if it’s a vintage collectable or expensive sports car. That is why we offer vehicle transportation services, including moving your car or SUV with you overseas.
- Removal insurance. We have a variety of insurance packages to cover every possibility during a move. We take great care of your belongings, but accidents can happen, and you’ll have more peace of mind knowing that your precious items are insured.
Need to make use of our range of removal services? Contact us by clicking here.