International Movers in South Africa
International Movers in South Africa
Share This Post
Must-Read Tips from the Leading International Movers in South Africa
Planning and executing a move from one house to another is a strange experience. On the one hand, it is really exciting with great promise of new beginnings and adventures. On the other hand, multiple studies and surveys have also consistently shown that relocating is one of the most stressful activities a person can undertake. Add to that the uncertainty and added complexity of moving to a different country, and suddenly the situation might threaten to become rather overwhelming.
Don’t let the potential stress overshadow your experience. By approaching this project in a logical manner and by breaking the process down into bite-size steps, you can easily navigate the challenges and focus on enjoying your new venture.
Here are some handy tips to help you organise your thoughts and get the process started:
- Create a checklist
Always start with a plan. There are too many parts to organising an international move to simply remember. Don’t put that extra stress on yourself. Create a checklist of tasks. This will enable you to prioritise tasks and focus on one thing at a time. Also, don’t worry about creating the most detailed checklist from the get-go. You don’t want to get stuck on a list and not take any action. The list gives you a starting point that you can add to and expand upon, as necessary.
- Focus on your visa
If your visa for moving abroad has not already been sorted, put this at the top of your checklist. Even if your employer is handling the visa process, follow up to make sure everything is on track. You may also want to consider meeting with an immigration officer of your destination country, if possible.
- Get your papers ready
As soon as you become aware of any documentation that is needed for you and your family, get it ready and keep it together in a safe place. The last thing you want to do is scramble around to find an important piece of paper halfway through packing up your house.
- Find international movers with a great reputation in South Africa
It is highly advised to partner with a professional international moving company to help you execute your relocation. An experienced service provider will have all the necessary knowledge, infrastructure and connections in place to handle the project with precision and ease. Ideally, you want to arrange a meeting with your international movers of choice. This will give the moving company a more accurate idea of the scope of the move and allow you to discuss any specific requirements you may have that might call for custom services. This approach allows for the service provider to provide a detailed quote created around the services you require.
- Declutter… and repeat
Keep in mind that the more things you take abroad with you, the pricier your move will be. It will also add to your workload when it comes to unpacking your move. Now is the time to meticulously go through your possessions and get rid of what you don’t need or use. If possible, also try to find out what will fit into your destination home to know which furniture pieces you want to take and which you will leave. If you have the time, go through your things more than once – it will allow you to process some of your decisions. Sell, donate or discard what you don’t need.
Picking the Right International Movers in South Africa
If you partner with the right moving company, the battle is as good as won. But how do you know which is the right service provider to choose? Once a commitment has been made there will be very little time to change your mind.
To help you choose the ideal international moving partner, look at these two things:
• Their experience: When it comes to international relocation, you preferably don’t want to deal with a company who is still learning the ropes. You want a seasoned expert who can guide you through the process with as little hassle as possible.
• The range of services they offer: The process of moving abroad is complex enough, you don’t want to complicate it further. Keep it simple by choosing an international moving company that provides all the services your relocation requires. This can include anything from project management and packing, to pet relocation and vehicle transport.
Why Elliott Mobility is the Leading International Movers in South Africa
If you are looking for an international moving company with pedigree, experience and a full range of services that go above and beyond your expectations, look no further than Elliott Mobility.
Elliott Mobility has been a force in the industry since 1947 – that is over 70 years of experience. During this time, we have become one of the leading international moving companies worldwide, with offices across South Africa.
It is our aim to provide our clients with one seamless solution. To ensure that we deliver on this, we offer a range of mobility services to meet the unique requirements of every move.
This service starts from the moment we engage with you. We realise that every move is unique, so instead of offering one solution that will never fit all, we first meet with you to discuss your relocation needs. This pre-move survey of your household and requirements is completely free and allows us to design a solution that specifically suits your move.
We are involved hands-on from the moment the process kicks off. We will create a checklist to prioritise tasks and our professional crew will handle the packing for you. This includes the careful wrapping of items and supplying the boxes. We also handle customs clearance, freighting (both sea and air), delivery and unpacking.
Our specialised international relocation services also include:
- People relocation services: We don’t only take great care of your possessions, but also of you. Our people relocation services include accommodation or home finding solutions, school search solutions, orientation and settling-in services, expense management, and more.
- Pet relocation: Your pet is a part of your family and we believe it should be treated with the necessary love and respect. Our specialist pet travel partners will take care of travel arrangements, including flights, import or export licenses, quarantine arrangements, custom-made travel containers, kennel services and everything in between to make sure your pet’s travel is as stress-free as possible.
- Fine art relocation: Fine art and antiques are irreplaceable and require special packing and transport. We take every precaution to protect your precious items and provide an end-to-end service, including state-of-the-art packing, transportation, shipping and installation across Southern Africa and the world.
- Vehicle transportation: Do you need to take your vehicle with you, or do you own investment vehicles? We can arrange safe and secure sea freighting for your vehicle to ensure it arrives at its destination quickly and in excellent condition.
- Storage solutions: If you need a temporary space to store some of your goods, we also offer secure storage solutions for the short, medium or long term.
Please take note that our moving services have been suspended for the duration of the lockdown in South Africa as we do our bit to help flatten the curve of the coronavirus spread. However, our home office and Customer Support teams are ready to assist you with virtual surveys, enquiries and any quotations you may need in the interim. To get in touch, complete the contact form on our website.