Staying organised feels good because it makes us feel in control. When disaster strikes, it’s great to have a plan and a calm mind. Things generally go easier when we know what we are doing or when we know our ultimate destination (both in terms of our goals and in a general, physical sense). There is not a single industry that does not require a significant level of coordination in order to function effectively. The furniture removal business is no exception. Everything is planned, often well in advance, to ensure things go smoothly on the day of furniture removal. Once you have a good plan of action, you’ll realise that furniture removal is actually a breeze. Use our ultimate furniture removal checklist below to stay organised when you move.
There are many elements to creating a plan, but many more to creating a good plan (especially if you’ll need to peruse or adapt the plan at a later stage). A lot can be said about creating the ultimate plan for anything in life, but there are a few basic principles that can help guide you in your quest for the ultimate plan. At its core, planning is about setting goals and then working out how you want to achieve those goals. A good plan can solve a problem, but a great plan can adapt to any unforeseen circumstances. Just don’t get so caught up in planning that you neglect doing (taking action and solving an emergency, in other words).
The Ultimate Checklist: Use This for Every Furniture Removal You Commission
Like any good plan, our ultimate checklist for furniture removal is easy to read and contains only relevant information. It can also be adapted as and when necessary. The individual bullet points are not presented in any particular order (unless stated otherwise), allowing you to adapt and change the checklist as needed.
- Get a quote and book. As soon as you decide to move, contact a furniture removal company to get a quote. You can ask your personal contacts to use one of their vehicles for the move, but there would be no guarantee that all your possessions will make it in one piece. Professionals like Elliott provide a better service at competitive rates.
- Take inventory. Before you pack, take note of every single one of your belongings. Go through every room and make a list of every single item. This will make it easier for you to realise if something has gone missing or if it was simply misplaced. This can also help in one of the other steps (donating unwanted goods).
- Record evidence. Take photos of everything (including your belongings and the physical structure of the house). Like the abovementioned, this one can help you manage any discrepancies that may arise during a move. If something got damaged, it’ll also be easier to lodge a claim with an insurance company if they can see that the damage occurred outside of your control.
- Insure your move. No matter how cautious you are, things can always go wrong. When they do, you’ll be glad you had the foresight to take out an insurance policy.
- Pack your belongings and label your boxes. You can either do this yourself or request that the moving company do it for you. Either way, make sure you use the correct labels for everything and use the inventory list you made to check that everything was packed.
- Talk to your furniture removal company. We appreciate any additional input you can give us. Tell us if you have special requests or specific instructions, otherwise we’ll use our own discretion to move your belongings.
- Clean your house. As the saying goes, “cleanliness is next to godliness”. Not only will you feel better after cleaning your old house for the final time, but you will do the next tenants or owners who will live there a big favour. It’s a good deed that benefits both yourself and others.
- Donate your unwanted items. You won’t necessarily need all your things at your new place, and you can do another good deed by donating unwanted items to charity or friends in need.
When in Doubt, Ask
You may have the ultimate checklist at your disposal, but it’s still possible that you might forget something. That is perfectly alright. That’s what we’re here for! Simply ask us if you have any questions or concerns and we’ll do our best to resolve your query to your satisfaction.
Click here to get a quote.